Jan 12, 2009

I never had dejavu

Do you want to share?

Do you like this story?

Today, Gypsy Girl is 18 months! It is hard to imagine 18 months ago we welcomed our little girl into our lives. On New Years Day, she woke up in the middle of the night, and as the clock past the midnight mark, I thought there was no better way to welcome the new year, than to be snuggling my little girl. That moment, although small, makes time fly. Because I think the more we try to slow things down and enjoy the moments, those moments, the faster time goes. Yet, those moments can come back to us, in a blink of an eye, perhaps teaching us in a small way, that time has no meaning.

As we were traveling back from Nauvoo, our car was packed. Mike and my dad had the captain's chairs, my mom and I had the middle bench, and then the three kids were completely squashed on the back row. Luke had the worst seat. He sat at an angle being squished by GG girl's huge carseat. Yet he did not complain. After we dropped my parents off, he came on the bench with me, and we snuggled. It was then that a bit of eternity happened. I remembered the first moment we snuggled together in our little home. The memory of that moment flooded my mind and the feelings of love filled my heart. Time at that moment had no meaning. While I was snuggling my almost 6 year old, it felt the same as when I snuggled my newborn.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

0 comments:

Advertisements

YOUR GOOGLE ADSENSE CODE HERE (300x250)

Advertisements

YOUR GOOGLE ADSENSE CODE HERE (300x250)