Nov 12, 2008

Rob's EW Article

Do you want to share?

Do you like this story?

I will be the first to admit, I am no celebrity... yet. I think that might be what has been hitting Rob over the past few months. After reading his EW article, I was starting to experience some weird deja vu.

As you all know, I have my writing, but I also have my acting. It's been a long time since I've been on stage, but I'm constantly honing my skills. I figure someday I'll make it happen. It's just weird cause I could totally see how Rob approached Edward.

I remember working tirelessly to get in the mind of some characters, feeling their feelings, living their lives, becoming someone else. There is a sense of freedom in it. Becoming another person or in Rob's case, another being. You just have to have something to hold onto to bring you back.

Your family, your friends. For Rob, it seems like he was imported into a whole other world where he breathed Edward. Edward is actually a very complex character and I have a feeling that Rob's performence will reflect the struggle he went through to bring him to life. Is it weird to feel some sort of kinship with him? Someone who'd rather hang out at some off beat bar than a five star hotel. Someone who'd rather drive a beat up car because it has character and it gets you where you need to go.

Someone who has little to nothing in their fridge, not because they can't shop, but because those are the things they like to eat. This is really strange. I'm probably reading way to much into it, but it was just the strangest feeling. Like I knew what he was going to say before I read it because it is what I would say. This experience was just too much and I had to share. Please tell me I'm not crazy.
Continue ►

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

0 comments:

Advertisements

YOUR GOOGLE ADSENSE CODE HERE (300x250)

Advertisements

YOUR GOOGLE ADSENSE CODE HERE (300x250)